"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Preparation for SAF Day Parade 2005 (Part III)

Did 2 full sequence rehearsals and 1 shorter version of the sequence.. but both was eaually siong.. esp. when u are standing like for abt an hour under the hot sun and executing the various commands given by the Parade Commander..

It was very tiring (its NOT becos' of the shackness of the stationery drills but its executing it under such hot weather).. but of course, the drills include the full music played by the SAF Band!

And speaking of which, I saw one of my BMT Company mate in the SAF Band.. he was playing the flute.. do not koe him personally as I was not in his platoon, but then, I how I get to koe him was becos' a grp of us got together and perform for the whole of BMTC School 2's CO's Nite! The audience is close to a thousand.. but we were very amazed at his achievements.. he played the music interlude part of the song, "I Will Survive" originally sang by Cake.. And u may wonder why he can play so well.. this is becos he got a Diploma in Flute! dun koe where he learnt it frm.. but I last heard tat tat the Dip. in Flute was his only qualification.. so yupz.. guess he wants to be a flute player for life..

Anyway, my position was the front 3rd man.. and as usual, standing in the front row has its pros and cons..
The PROS are tat you can sumwhat be the center of attraction and you can get to see the President of Singapore, Mr S.R. Nathan, face to face as he goes ard and do the GOH inspection.
However, the CONS are tat since u are the center of attraction, your movement of the drills is suppose to be sharp and precise and NOT do any mistakes! Moreover, becos if you have stage fright or sumthing (becos u will see many ppl coming for the parade), you wld get stressed up and u wld end up doing/executing the wrong drill!

So its not easy right??

With being Thurs (9/6) being a full dress rehearsal, which means more things need to be done, (eg: uniform to be iron properly and according the instructions given by the person-in-charge, boots to be tat shiny tat u can see ur teeth!)
Haiz.. so this means I have to go down to Beach Road tml and buy stuff, as well as also get some of my things (like polishing my shoe tml) done, so tat on the actual day, I dun need to "kelang kabok" (which means recklessly and forgetfulness as a result of being too anxious abt a certain thing)..
Haiz... looks like half of my only day of weekend off this wk is burned liaoz.. but tml I'm still going out and shop a bit! whahaha.. Yippie!
The GREAT SINGAPORE SALE (GSS) is finally here! Shoppers, be prepared to part with ur money! wahaha..

*cont in next post*

No comments: