"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Preparation for NDP 2005 GOH (Part XIII)

Well.. slept quite late yesterday as I was figuring out my mp3 player.. but guess wat.. it has some defects.. it somehow can't work, becos it got hanged.. haiz.. so this means tat I go back and change, there is no more white (becos' I bought the white is the LAST piece).. so had to take other colours..

so I was frantically finding Creative Support for their telephone nos. and stuff.. and was very anxious abt how to go abt dealing with my spoiled mp3 player..

Just a few minutes later, my mum and sis suggested why dun do it a 1-1 exchange with the shop @ Sim Lim Square which I had bought it.. and thank goodness, after I called, they said ok.. becos its like only a day old! so ya..

I manage to call thru both companies (both the companies at Sim Lim and Creative Support) and talk to them abt the respective things.. Thank God Sim Lim allowed me to change.. while I spoke to the Creative Support Technican for 12 mins to clarify things dealing with my mp3 player!

Today as usual went back camp.. quite tired due to the lack of rest I had yesterday nite! anyway, rehearsal was not too bad, except tat I've got some skin abrasions (*ouch!*) near my armpit region, becos of the marching.. so yupz.. its slowly healing lah!

However, the bus rides to the camp did not go well.. again, its tat kao-pei (ie to say, making sumthing small look big) sergeant again (ie, the one whom I mentioned in the earlier blogs who scold ppl for nothing.. remember??)
Anyway, I've got enuf of him yesterday sia.. He was like very particular abt our uniform, so therefore, we iron our uniform b4 falling in.. as if its not enuf, he wants us to starch our uniform, juz like the uniforms which we used to mount duty! allo.. this is rehearsal and no one is going to notice so nicely.. even if they are noticing, they dun really care.. its the rehearsal tat counts!
So going on with the story.. he checks us and our shirts got no problems, except tat the pants has no starch line.. so he initially wants us to starch it and iron it b4 we can bk out! You say is this ridiculous? Ppl going to wear the uniform home and then wash already.. wats the pt of ironing and show it to you, then we bring home to wash? Isn't it back to square one?
Anyway, ppl started complaining but he doesn't listen.. so since he doesn't listen, we do back the same to him.. tat is to say, when we come back frm Nee Soon and on the way back to camp, he told us tat one of the RSM (who is very particular abt uniform, but he dun care much in NDP.. he only does it in SAF Day Parade rehearsals) praised him for his uniform.. so in my heart, I answered back, "So?? very great izzit?? Go and show off lah! So proud!!".. so his action is tat we iron our pants properly and fall in in Smart 4 (which I also think its pointless since I'm not P1 on Mon) with pants starch, so on and so forth! Then the best part came.. NO one answered him.. he was very angry loh.. then after a while, he kao-pei again.. then a few of us juz reluctantly answered him.. then when back at camp, we walked quite slowly becos' we had to go up and take our magazines and scabbard (which is to cover the bayonet) down to send arms.. so since its going home time, we thought we can walk slowly and not run or anything like tat.. but he, again kao-pei, saying he gives us 5 mins to bring down watever we need or else, we kenna punishment.. so we had to run.. no choice.. but he of course can say like tat.. becos' one of his fellow sgt (who is on 'excuse' status, therefore can't attend parade) keeps for him the magazine and scabbard and bring it down for them when he is doing armscote.. so you see.. in my camp, got such a sgt.. arghh... how am I going to live on??

Anyway reach home at abt 10pm and had my supper.. my dad bought for me korean food.. not bad lah.. then tried to troubleshoot my mp3 player.. thinking it may save it.. but then, it doesn't work.. so ya.. haiz.. =(

k.. quite late in the nite liaoz.. need to sleep.. waking up tml to do errands and go out to do my mp3 player thing..

Ciaoz n have a GREAT weekend ahead,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: