"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Celebration Of My Dad's Birthday!


Family Photo @ Esplanade
Originally uploaded by jazzkool.

Fwah! Tired sia.. but hope tat this is a short one??

Ok.. had a hectic day today.. slept less than 7 hrs, and I'm back in action.. Morning, after eating breakfast and stuff, and bathe, went to see my grandma who is in Nursing Home..

After which, we took a relatively long bus ride to Beach Road to go and sew my LCP rank! Was quite surprised to see tat the shop which I always frequent, closed.. but then, before I could go on ahead and find another shop, one of another one of my best pals, Marcus, actually saw me and said hi! He asked me why I was here.. I told him tat I came to sew rank loh.. coincidentally, he said he too! So we went to search for a shop to sew our ranks.. in 1 minute, we found it.. and to see tat its trustworthy! My friend actually bargained with the lady, but she said cannot.. (Oh.. FYI: Each shirt to sew the rank on is $3 per shirt.. and I sewed 5 shirts, so its $15!! Expensive right??) But then, my family was waiting for me downstairs at the hawker centre and didnt want them to wait longer (also partly, I'm super hungry!).. so I make a move first, while Marcus is franctically telling the aunty wat he wants, while I'm trying to tell him tat I make a move first!

Anyway, I had some char kway teow (which was shared by the way!) and a bowl of Minced Pork with Century Egg Congee.. man.. I'm beginning to like century egg (probably its after the Yum Cha dish.. see food blogpost 5!).. even though the yolk of century egg still taste yucks to me, but then I must learn to overcome it!

Then after eating, I went up to go and collect my uniform.. I thought it wld take a long time.. but its done! I paid the aunty and went back down to the hawker centre to eat dessert.. Then we were off to Far East Square to collect the NDP tickets for 9 Aug.. my sister successfully balloted the tix.. so we took a cab down to Far East Square..

After taking, we walked to Chinatown n shop a while.. before proceeding down to Suntec area.. We took an MRT down to City Hall.. and my dad treated teabreak at Starbucks.. you koe me lah.. I like to try new drinks.. so I tried the new drink @ Starbucks, "Tazo Chai Creme Frappuccino Blended Tea".. erm.. wat I can say abt this drinks is tat it has a unique taste to it, becos of the spices and the thickness of the drink.. I asked the counter wat spices it has inside.. and she told me tat it has nutmeg, cinnamon and a certain indian spice.. if you wld like thickened milk tea added with a unique taste of spices, then this drink is for you.. out of 5 stars, i wld rate this as 2.5 stars! =)

Then went round window shop.. was so tempted to buy Giordano Stuff yesterday becos its 30% storewide sale.. the Dry-Tech Polo Tees were juz going for $15.40 a piece (UP: $22 per peice) and the cotton tees were juz going for $5.60 a piece (UP: $8 per piece).. but then didnt buy lah.. want to save money.. spend too much liaoz!

Then, went to City Link to window shop, then Suntec for dinner @ the Thai Restaurant, "RENThai".. this is after much consideration then we made this decision.. Had quite a full meal, and I muz say the taste of the dishes is not bad.. for the dishes we ordered (and other photos of how we spend the day and stuff), see under photo gallery, the heading "Dad's Birthday Celebration 2005 Photos!"

We met a weird lady in the restaurant though.. when we almost finish our meals.. the lady was frm Africa and she stayed in America.. when we almost finish, she asked us whether the Fried Garoupa Fish with Thai Chilli Sauce was nice.. and my mum answered, "not too bad".. juz so happen tat there is a piece left on the plate.. my mum offered her to try.. I was expecting tat she wld say its alright and NOT take and eat.. but then, to my surprise, she took it and cut some with the fork and spoon, before using her hands and eat it.. it looks a bit disgusting and uncivilised, but I admire her courage.. becos' Singaporeans definitely DUN do this at all! Well.. some ppl are weird I guess! =)

Then, we walked over to Esplanade for dessert (which was my treat!).. but before tat, we took some pictures! See under photo gallery, the heading "Dad's Birthday Celebration 2005 Photos!".. Had a fun time though taking pictures.. but too bad, the pics were without flash, becos my sis says dun want to take with flash, or else, it wld blind us and stuff.. diao2! *3 drops of sweat streaming down my forehead*.. but nevertheless, better than nothing lah.. =)

So I treated my parents and sis to dessert at Max Brenner Chocolate Bar @ Esplanade.. it was quite nice though.. especially if you love chocolate, then this is the place to go.. the price are quite reasonable.. but the warm chocolate fondue is quite expensive.. (its $20 for 2-3 pax and $30 for 4 pax).. didnt order tat! See under photo gallery, the heading "Dad's Birthday Celebration 2005 Photos!", for wat I've ordered.. Spend abt $26 on desserts, which is quite relatively reasonable considering the place where u are eating!

Then came back and do this blog.. its close to 1am in the morning, and I juz finish this blogpost..

*Yawn*.. want to sleep liaoz!!

Oh.. did I forgot to mention tat I will be on off tml! Yeh!! Can sleep late!!

Being a sleepyhead,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: