"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Saturday, May 22, 2004

STRESSED AND TIRED!

Hi all.. juz came back from a men's retreat.. its part of my mission trip program..

so now a bit tired.. but shall elaborate a bit on what was done during the week..

apparently, everyday from 9am-5.30pm was at ForeRunner's office for classroom lessons as well as rehearsals.. the rehearsals is like about 3-4 hrs a day!! that's how intensive it is!!

And wat's worst is that in a matter of days (ie, by wednesday - 19/5), i have to memorise the chords for ALL 9 songs.. and its not a easy job.. its not juz playing.. its controlling the keyboard too.. so I'm under trememdous stress!! haiz.. =(

so far, have tried memorising and quite successful in a few songs.. but its those keys like D flat which I'm not familiar with. stress again..=(

so ya.. yesterday we had the men's retreat and we slept in ForeRunner's office.. its a overnite thing.. so ya.. the rest of the guys watched the School of Rock DVD.. while i watched halfway and fell asleep..

before we watched the movie, all the guys (including me) brainstormed for names for our band.. we had weird names like papadom, one-way street, WENTKA(What Everybody Needs To Know About) G-sus (sounds like Jesus), etc.. had a fun time laughing and all until i stomach-ache.. ha..

this morning, my whole team went to Ngee Ann City and do street witnessing.. I paired up with the Director of ForeRunner (which he is called Simon) and he shared with 1, while I shared with 1 too..

Simon actually went up to this person, whom he thought was a guy.. I actually asked him whether he is sure, and he was saying like "a guy lahz..".. but in the end, guess wat!! the person is a butch (if you koe wat that means).. but Simon shared with her the Gospel, but not successful..

on the other hand, it was funny how God led me to this "salesman".. apparently, i wanted to join my friend (who was a solo for witnessing, becos' he didn't have a partner with him).. but then, this Indian guy approached me and ask me to buy a coupon from him (its a Vietnamese restaurant affiliated to Pasta Mania)..

so anyway, he tried to persuade me to buy.. i actually said no.. but then, something prompted me to buy the coupon from this person, and then share the Gospel to him.. so i obeyed the voice, and i shared with the person lah..

i then asked him whether he was a christian.. but he said he blackslided.. so i prompt him for a reason.. and he told me.. and he prayed the sinner's prayer.. but not too sure whether he really meant it.. dun koe whether he is obliging me or sumthing like tat.. but anyway, wat's amazing is that he stays in Hougang area and he is near my church.. so i invited him lahz.. but never officially ask him to come my church tml.. got his email address.. and after which, i invited him to attend my band's preview concert at Third Place.. and surprisingly, he said he koes where izzit.. its juz simply wonderful how God works huh.. =)
not too sure whether he would come.. but who koes.. he might juz come!! just really want to thank God for this wonderful opportunity.. =)

after the witnessing session, we went wardrobe shopping.. thought mine was ok.. after after trying and let our image i/c see, she says cannot becos' it is either too tight or too big (which makes you look sloppy).. so currently, got only 1 shirt (which i really like) from U2.. simple and nice!! =)

some of the ppl proceeded to Giordano for their clothing.. and as usual, me the Giordano *ahem* fan, told them I had 15% discount.. n they were like so happy.. esp. the image i/c.. ha.. =)

what really shocked me is that we had to go to her hair-stylist and cut hair.. and it costs $27 !! but she says she will try to bargain till $22.. ya.. dun you think its like a makeover??

but thank goodness that each one of us have $100 to spend on our wardrobe and hair.. and anything more than $100, we have to come out ourselves! but ya.. $100 is not big and not small, since now the clothings are quite ex.. so ya..

I still have to shop for 1 more top and 1 more bottom.. so the image i/c says they will set one more weekday to go shopping.. yeh!!

k.. gtg and pack stuff for church tml and take out stuff from my retreat bag.. haiz..

Ciaoz n have a GREAT week ahead,
<<< abRieL >>>

No comments: