"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Friday, May 14, 2004

INTENSIVE PRACTICE AND NOW I'M PRACTICALLY DRAINED OFF OF MY ENERGY!!

I koe I didn't blog like for 2 days, becos' I was simply too tired to do anything.. no energy to do anything else.. even watching TV is a torture.. yes!! I was that tired..

yesterday (13/05) was the worst!! I could hardly open my eyes once I got home from the rehearsal place @ ForeRunner's office. I have been like from 9am-6pm for practice (for commissioning nite) and after tat i came home.. fortunately, got a ride yesterday from my mission trip mate who gave me a ride from ForeRunner's office to Junction 8. From there, I took bus home myself. God's blessing huh.. =)

Today (14/05) was not so bad. Slept enuf last nite but now, as I write this blog, I'm feeling sleepy.. 3/4 of today I'm occupied with classroom lessons and then the rest of the time (from 4pm-5.30pm), practice 2 of my mission trip songs.. they are so nice when the whole team plays.. but I can tell you that the expectation of the music director of this mission trip is really high!! she wants the song to be 90% similar to the CD.. so ya.. that's how high the standard is.. but i think it is a good thing, as we (as a whole team) wants to achieve musical exellence when we play, so that we have that kind of credibility, as we are called by God to use our talents for Him.. so ya..

The stress will intensify over the wks, becos in abt. 2 wks time, I'm expected to MEMORISE the chords for ALL 10 songs for our mission trip.. and the songs are not those simple keys like D,G, etc.. its those chords like Bb (B flat) & Db (D flat)keys.. challenging huh.. *eeks*.. but I will try my best!!

But wat is cool is that next sat (22/05), we will go for wardrobe shopping (ie, to go with a staff who is in charge of this and buy clothing.. its NOT those uniform type.. but contemporary dressing and BEST of all, its FREE! (I THINK!) ).. and also, my whole team may go to a hair salon together and have a hair-cut.. ya.. its like a makeover lohz.. hahaz.. =)

Just came back from NYPC @ Holland Village.. some of us went there to have dinner with the US staff from Keynote, USA.. she would be joining us in the mission trip.. so ya.. we so called played host lahz.. letting her try Singapore food, etc.. its GREAT FUN hanging out with her.. =)
but a group of guys (including me) was on a tight budget.. so we went to a nearby coffeeshop to eat chicken shredded noodles with a few side dishes.. and then we proceeded to NYDC to join the rest..

Matt, Jason, me & Ivin shared 2 desserts together.. we ordered the "grandma about nuts" and "macademia nut brownie".. however, the other guys in the group (who was at the other end of the table) has took the "macademia nut brownie" accidentally.. so we took their dessert but it was more expensive! darn!! so ya.. but it was good.. but prefer the "grandma about nuts".. nicer.. its like a macademia ice-cream with honey and a bit of chocolate sauce.. *salivating*.. tried a forkful of cookie monster mudpie from my friend and i tell you, it is really GREAT!! you shld try it someday =)

k.. gtg and sleep.. tired alreadyz.. wonder when I will blog again.. hmm.. =)

Ciaoz n have a GREAT week ahead,
<<< aBriEL >>>

No comments: