"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, December 25, 2003

HO! hO! ho! Christmas is finally here!! The holidays are here again.. Yippie.. =).. tell u sumthing... everytime when its Christmas, i would always think of when can i fulfill my childhood dream, which is to have a white christmas.. haiz.. hope that happens in the near future.. =)

Before i continue, i would formally like to thank my kor (Derek) for giving me a Christmas present.. huimin jie jie met my kor for LOTR movie on mon, and he actually passed my present to huimin.. so yesterday when huimin came to church for carolling practice session, she gave me the present that my kor has given me.. it was a transparent egg shell with 2 small chocolate inside.. think of easter.. and u wld roughly get an idea of how my present look like.. anyway, when i receive the present, i was like so touched loh.. *cry*.. juz thinking of it, makes me, cry.. *sob*.. ok.. shall stop being so emotional.. anyway, i juz can't bear to eat wat is in my present, becos' i dun want to spoil it.. but guess i muz eat it soon, or else, it would spoil.. =) so once again, KOR, THANK YOU !!! =).. this is one of the BEST presents that I have received so far of all my 19 yrs on earth!! serious.. no bluff... bluff u, got money to take mehz?? =P

anyway, the present thing given by my kor was the BEST thing that happen yesterday loh.. =) ok.. so continue on..

yesterday, altogether went to 4 hse for carolling.. the places are
* at Jarvis hse (at Ang Mo Kio), then we proceed to
* s'goon garden, then proceed
* back to a hse near my church (palm grove ave, off flower road), last stop,
* would be at Pasir Ris..
so yupz.. fortunately most of the members got cars, or else, dun koe how to go manz..

so yupz.. the order of the carooling session is sumthing like that.. we sit the 1st set of Christmas songs, then break for slight makan (aka refreshments/makan=dinner), then sing 2nd set of Christmas songs.. have a short prayer for the hosts of the hse, then sing last 2 Christmas songs b4 we go.. so its like 1 hse, we take abt. 45 mins.. so every hse we go, got makan.. so like going every hse for free dinner lohz.. hahaz.. =P..
so after the 1st hse (which was Jarvis hse), huimin actually told me secretly.. like pao3 ge1 tai2 (in English, it refers to like during 7th month-- hungry ghost festival, there wld be these performers running from place to place to sing.. their transport to each place wld be by cars loh..).. so now, u get the picture ?? =).. yupz.. so its quite fun in such a way, but very tiring.. fortunately, I slept for like an hour b4 the carolling session, or else, i dun koe how to cont. yesterday session.. but the funny thing is that i still feel tired manz.. well.. really getting old..

speaking of old, i feel quite bad yesterday.. becos' yesterday at the last carolling hse, one of the host call me "uncle".. my gosh.. here is wat happen..

as u all koe, i play the piano in church.. therefore, during the carolling session, naturally, I would be the pianist.. so for carolling, one of the church members had a portable keyboard, so he would bring it during every carolling session.. actually, this yr, i dun plan to play the keyboard, becos' i find the sound of the keyboard very weird.. but since he brought it, i have NO choice.. but to play it.. haiz.. so there i played the keyboard at every hse loh.. i only did NOT play the keyboard at Jarvis hse.. i used his piano.. sound better than keyboard.. =)..
so yupz.. then we came to the last hse for carolling.. so happen that they placed the keyboard just behind the couch and sitting on the couch was about 6-7 children (some are relatives of the host).. so one of the host actually tell them these words..
" you want to see the uncle play piano huh??".. i heard it, but no one heard it.. then, about 10 sec later, the person repeat the sentence, "u want to see the uncle play piano huh??".. my gosh.. this time the WHOLE carolling team heard it.. they are like laughing loh.. my gosh.. i was so embarassed.. my gosh.. imagine them calling me "uncle abriel".. my gosh.. i was like, "allo.. I'm only 19 loh !!.. i have NOT reach the no. which starts with 2.. even though in 3 mths time, i would still be young loh..".. haiz.. then, ppl start calling me uncle abriel loh.. tell me frankly.. do i look old??? tell me ur comments on my chatterbox yaz.. wld like to see ur comments...

so anyway, b4 we went off, the hosts gave out presents to ALL children (the hosts specifically said: only children have.. adults dun have!).. thank goodness I got one (this show that I'm still young).. so yupz.. huimin, also got one.. so yupz.. then, both of us (huimin and me) saw wendy also got one.. then, we decide to make fun of wendy.. we said sumthing like "only "children" have.. adults dun have.."..
becos' wendy koe of my uncle joke right, she said something like, "uncle abriel".. when i heard of the word, "uncle".. i was like "ok.. i'll shut up..".. Darn! now, i cannot make fun of wendy anymore.. =(.. wendy, u are clever manz!! =)


earlier in the nite, during our 2nd hse of carolling, wendy also make a joke (which i shall not say in this blog.. becos' quite unpolite..).. so i told wendy like "wendy, u so bad".. then, she did not respond.. so the thought of it, makes me laugh.. about 2 mins later, she look at me and said, "u so bad huh..".. i was like "wat the.. u are the one who make the joke lohz.. ".. not funny?? nvm.. u shld have see for urself, then u koe y i said this is funny.. yupz..

yupz.. so by the time we finish our LAST carolling session, it is about 11.40pm liaoz lorhz.. I was standing with huimin, so uncle wah sun (a church member), asked us not going to countdown huh?? I was actually quite interested.. but a qn came to mind, "where??".. i asked the qn.. uncle wah sun also dun koe where.. in the end, we dropped the idea lohz.. so uncle phillip gave my family a ride home from pasir ris (the last place of carolling..).. so when almost reached home, it was 12 midnight liaoz lohz.. so we wished "Merry Christmas" to each other in the car lohz.. so when reached home, took a bathe and watched the remaining portion of "waterboys" on Channel 8 lohz.. so by the time the show finish, its about 1am.. so then, i slept lohz..

this morning woke up at about 7.30am.. can't sleep.. so yupz.. may go out with family later.. in the evening, meeting up with the gang (ie, wendy, carlise, cindy, nicholas, sarah) to watch Cinderrel-lah at Jubilee Hall (at Raffles Hotel).. so we meeting up at 5pm for dinner.. but dun koe where yet.. yupz.. so excited about this.. =)

ok.. need to go liaoz.. dun koe what else to type.. hopefully will blog tml morning.. =).. tell u more about wat i did today yaz?? so check in tml.. dun miss it for the world!!

Happy Holidays everyone..

Ciaoz n have a GREAT Christmas 2003,
<<< aBrIeL >>>

No comments: