"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Friday, December 09, 2005

The Day We Lost 2 Men!

I write this blogpost with much sadness and heavy heart.. details later in this blog.. so read on..

Yesterday duty was quite shacked lah.. one of my bunk mate got some mild flu and stuff.. then he went to go and see MO.. so he got 1 day MC.. then he said he dun want to come back next day, 8am-5pm for standby, so he take off.. some chao keng fellow huh!! Felt so pissed off tat day.. dun koe why.. probably its becos not enuf ppl and he got MC.. then he also like sarcastically like laugh at me.. so I 'suan' him back by calling him chao keng!! Argghh.. juz talking of it makes me mad.. arghh! enough said!

Anyway, my duty was quite shiong at first.. becos its like I continuous duty frm 9am-1pm then I was scheduled one foot prowl after tat (which I didnt koe at first until my foot prowl buddy told all abt it to me!).. but then, all thanx to one fellow shift mate, he 'jia' the person who was suppose to take over me, for like 10 mins.. dun koe wat he is doing lah.. and then tat person who was suppose to take over me went to take his lunch.. so I estimated tat by 1.30pm, I wld then start to rest.. true enuf, I was correct!! And I was super pissed off lah!! Haven't you heard tat a hungry man is an angry man?

Then I suddenly got the news of the pending victim's verdict on the 'stunt' tat they did last time during duty! It was so sad.. If I were to think it further, I think I wld juz cry lah at tat moment in time! Cannot state wat 'stunt', becos' its military secret.. but then, wat I can tell you all is tat it is so serious tat they kenna send to DB (Detention Barracks) for it!! so ya..

Why I was sad is becos of a the following reason..

One of the victim (let's juz call him AW) is actually a very intelligent student frm a top boy's sch and top JC in Singapore.. but then, due to his carelessness, he committed the stunt with another guy.. so ya.. so for his stunt, he kenna send to DB for a period of 2 wks! But fortunately, his stunt wld have no record, or else, he can't go to university liaoz! haiz.. =(
Another victim (let's call him SS), you can say is tat this is his 2nd offence.. so there is more than 1000 reasons to put him into DB as this is the one of the most "tuo-zong" stunt tat you can ever perform in the SAF! And for this stunt, he is awarded a DB period of 3 wks!

Then in the evening, I was off duty and was at the main table teaching Mingjun abt MS Excel (Mingjun was CISCO, but then he was awarded 10B status, so therefore he can only do table duty!), when suddenly, my sgt pye to me via the pyset and ask me whether I knew how to go to the AW's place.. and so happen tat no one in the shift koes how to go to AW's place, becos they dun stay ard tat area.. so I was the only one which stayed in AW's area lah.. dun koe how come they found out.. so ya.. In the end, after much discussion and permission granted by my officer, I went out with my staff sgt of my squadron, to go send the DB notification letters to both AW and SS families!

I was super scared in giving directions to AW's hse, though I knew in my mind where is the place.. but wat I was afraid was actually the road.. scared told my staff sgt the wrong info and make the wrong turn.. so all along, I was praying along the way to ask God to lead me the way.. and after like 30 mins of travelling (you may ask why take so long.. becos' the vehicle we are sitting is only maximum allow 50km/h.. so ya.. almost fell asleep lah!) and being a little road-smart and some trial and error, we finally reached AW's hse.. and my staff sgt went to talk to AW's parents abt the matter, and pass the letter to them.. but I was so surprise tat both AW's parents did NOT cry or anything like tat!! They juz accept it as it is!! Machiam like talking to a friend.. but then, after we went, dun koe whether back in the home whether they cry or not lah.. tat one we dun koe becos we was not there to witness it!! .. Maybe they are trying to put on a brave front in front of us, but sob in their house?? I dun koe!! But wat I do is juz to pray for them and hope tat they wld be comforted.. haiz.. *starts to feel so much for this family!*.. =(

Then we went to SS hse to pass the letter.. but then no one was at home.. so we decide to proceed back to camp and do this letter thing another day.. as to when, I dun koe.. I was not there to witness it..

So by like 8.30pm, I return back to camp and hoping tat the staff parade is like almost formed up and half done.. thought dun need to do mah.. but never did I expect tat it has not started.. so I have to attend it instead lah.. haiz.. =(

Slept for like an hr, before proceeding down to Toranto Gate to do duty till like 2.30am.. woke up at 6.35am to eat breakfast.. and by 7am this morning, we did some marshalling work.. all in the name of duty at Toranto on weekdays! Haiz.. =(

Came back.. watched VCR programmes (almost fell asleep).. went to sleep for 2.5 hrs, woke up, pack my remaining stuff for Youth Camp nxt wk, watched TV and had MacDonald's for dinner, had cell, on computer and internet.. and viola! Now on this blogpost.. haiz..

Got to go and sleep liaoz! FYI: It's now 0100 in the morning (as in when I finish typing this blogpost) and got to wake up like 0530 in the morning to go back to camp for P1.. haiz.. sianz..

Ok then.. dun think will blog anytime soon for this coming wk, becos' it wld be busy wk for me.. if you are lucky, I wld blog on 14/12 (wed) abt my Youth Camp ya.. but no promises.. see how first!! so ya.. =)

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 315 DAYS to ORD!!

0800. Sembawang Air Base.

Filled with much disappointment and grief,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: