"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Sembawang Air Base.. here I come!!

Well.. sorry for not updating over the wkend.. becos' i was too busy over the weekend and by the time i come home, its time to bk-in!!

oh.. b4 I cont, I wld like to announce tat I've got a camera phone (Nokia 6230) to be exact!! It's my 21st birthday present to myself!! as you all koe tat Nokia 6230 is my dream phone.. so I got it!! now very happy!! yeh!! but I spent quite a bomb on it though!! spend almost half a K ($433 to be exact!) on it.. but never mind.. my 21st birthday only comes once in a lifetime!! so ya.. i'm so happy!! I'm so happy!!

Oh.. b4 I forget..do an advert first for M1!
CALLING ALL M1 customers!! The FREE MMS promotion from 5pm-8pm daily has been extended till 31st March 2005!! so go on and spread the joy around.. go on and snap photos and send all u want!! check out http://www.miworld.com.sg for more details!

anyway, last wkend, I spent time with my aunty who is from melbourne and she is guest-staying at our house..

then last sun nite bk-in for mon's POP.. everyone's spirits was high, as it marks the end of FDC (Field Defence Course) @ Paya Lebar Air Base.. but tat day we are supposed to bk-out early (like 1-2pm in the afternoon).. but in the end, becos' of waiting for our posting, we waited till like 7pm then we bk-out WITHOUT knowing our posting!! so we came back the next morning (which is yesterday) for our posting.. which I was chosen to stay at Paya Lebar.. but then, becos' of so many ppl, I became a pending case.. so then i bk-out at 5.45pm yesterday and went home.. and came back to Paya Lebar Air Base this morning at 7.30am but the posting didn't come out like till 1pm in the afternoon.. they made us wait so long..
whilst waiting for the posting, we went for lunch at the Cookhouse.. but then, i've got NO mood to eat, becos' i am worried abt. my posting..

juz as we finish our meal and rest in the waiting area, a Sembawang Air Base tunnel (for those who dun koe wat is a tunnel, its actually like a sheltered truck used to drive army soldiers and stuff) was waiting at our base.. and then I heard my name being called.. so there I leave Paya Lebar and embark on a new journey to Sembawang Air Base.. heard the training/duties there not so siong as Paya Lebar.. not sure how true is tat!!

well.. I've got mixed feelings as to whether leaving Paya Lebar is good.. becos of the pros and cons..
The pros is tat its near my house (very near!! just 15mins cab journey from my house!! its tat near!), I get a guaranteed 2 wkends (fri-sun) off every mth, the schedules for duty are good, and, air-conditioned bunks!
The cons is tat there are 2 very bad superiors in flight which I can't stand!! well.. shall not divulge details as it may be sensitive.. but ya.. generally, all ppl tat are posted to Flight in Paya Lebar CANNOT stand the 2 superiors.. ya.. its tat bad!! they treat u inhumanly is wat I can describe them!!

my cpl as me this morning whether I want to stay.. after thinking thru', I firmly said no and told him the reasons!! he persuaded me and if i say yes, he will recommend me to be in Paya Lebar for sure.. but as to whether I get into Paya Lebar is another matter, becos' my name was NOT originally on the Paya Lebar list as of this morning (after some minor posting re-shuffling)..

i was really hoping for chong pang (which is in Yishun and its an 8-5 RP job).. moreover my cousin is also there.. but too bad loh.. God wants me to be in Sembawang Air Base.. so wat can I do?? haiz.. but really muz thank God for taking me out of Paya Lebar!! but one thing bad abt. Sembawang is tat the walking distance from the camp to the main road bus-stop outside is at least a 10-15mins walk!!its tat far! but later when bk-in, going to take a cab.. reckee how much and how long it take to reach camp.. so in case of any emergencies, can take cab!
The bunk is so hot and dusty!! man... dun koe how am I going to sleep tonite!!

oh wait!! today is wed and u may wonder y am I at home!! why aren't I in camp u may ask! well.. I've got a nite's out (given permission by my OC) to do admin stuff and bring necessary things to camp, but the bad thing is i have to be back at camp before 10.30pm.. so ya.. but at least better than nothing lah!!


k.. gtg n do other stuff b4 I bk-in!!

Ciaoz n have a GREAT week ahead,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: