"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Saturday, January 15, 2005

A peaceful week...

Hi.. for all you faithful readers out there, you may koe tat turnouts are a weekly affair in my course of training..

but surprisingly, due to some internal factors, there was NO turnouts this week!! PTL!! ha..

This wk's 5BX (which is in short for 5 basic exercises, which is done every morning for at least an hour or so.. and last fri, guess wat we did after the 5BX.. We learnt some basic steps of hip-hop from my new sergeant.. He is currently a break-dancer and performed at the recent Jolin Tsai (Cai Yi Ling) concert.. yes!! He is tat good.. so after the 5BX, he thought us some basic steps.. It may look ez.. but its NOT.. its tiring and quite straining on certain body parts (depending on which body part you put ur most weight on!).. and as u koe.. most of us have a bit of coordination problem so early in the morning.. so kena knock it down a few times.. but we get the hang of it after a while.. so its cool huh.. we get to learn hip-hop!!

I'm not too sure whether I shld be happy or not.. becos' I'm appointed the platoon I/C for nxt wk.. I was appointed by my course commander and the course commander told my sgt.. His reason was becos' I had prior training as a leader in my sec sch (which is I was a chairman in Choir) and he said he wld not forget, becos' of my unique surname.. so ya.. today juz b4 bkout, I was appointed the new IC.. so I had to say commands etc.. Me as usual, once gets nervous, I forget everything and suddenly juz realise tat being an IC is not an ez job at all.. well.. pray for me abt this huh.. pray tat I won't die or stress up or anything like this.. Thanx.. but the comforting thing is tat I only do it till thurs but the bad news is tat I may have the chance of a turnout this coming week.. so the strength muz be reported fast and all tat.. STRESS!! STRESS!! and MORE STRESS!!! Someone help!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHH...

Tml leading worship in church but then I can't practice on the piano, becos' my piano is under servicing.. haiz.. guess I'll juz make do the real practice tml.. my hands are getting "ichy".. dun koe y.. hmmm...

Yesterday and today at camp is simply a rotting day.. Practically, I did nothing the whole day.. yesterday was suppose to be outfield.. however, it was cancelled due to the PC (Platoon Commanders) interview.. and this morning was games day.. but I did NOT played any games.. so I juz sat there and watch ppl play soccer while at the same time, talk with one of my section mates.. we had a good chat actually.. =).. so guess the time was spend fruitfully =D

Oh.. b4 I end.. this is an abstract from MediaCorp Radio Site abt. the station, Lush 99.5fm which I talk abt. in my last blog post.. so c the following for the description of music they play.. if u like wat u read, then go tune it immediately!! For ppl who are overseas who are reading this and wish to tune into live tuning via the internet, I'm sorry to say I can't fulfill the wish of yours.. It somehow dun have the live tuning thing to the station.. so sorry abt tat..
anyway, here is the description:

"MediaCorp Radio launches LUSH 99.5FM as the latest addition to its stable of stations . The new station will commence programme transmission 995 minutes before 2005, at 7.25am on 31 December 2004.

LUSH 99.5FM is a trendsetting radio station focused on luxurious music and sounds, showcasing a rich mix of new age contemporary music such as Chill-Out, Urban Lounge and Nu-Jazz. Featuring the latest news in music and arts, the station targets listeners aged from 25 to 40 years old who are keen on arts, wellness and travel.

The station will operate 19 hours a day from 7am to 2am. Test transmission for the station commenced on 27 November 2004.

The personalities behind the station include industry names such as Chris Ho and Vivien Tan. A familiar radio deejay, music reviewer and singer, Chris Ho deejayed on Perfect Ten 98.7FM and was named Most Outstanding Asia-Pacific radio personality by the Australasian Broadcasting Arts & Sciences in 1987. Chris Ho will anchor mornings on LUSH 99.5FM, giving music lovers something to wake up to each morning.

Cruising along with listeners in the evenings is Vivien Tan, best remembered for co-presenting the local entertainment lifestyle TV show, “Show Buzz”. Vivien has also been a face synonymous with channel [v], after spending a year with the TV channel as a VJ. Having fronted “Star Asia Travel” - an Asia-wide travel program, Vivien is more than familiar with the lifestyles of fine living and will host evenings on LUSH 99.5FM.

Radio personality and Deputy General Manager of English Programming at MediaCorp Radio - Bernard Lim will head Programming for the station, while Creative and Music direction will be under the baton of Andrew Crothers and Jeremy Phua respectively.

According to Bernard, “We've seen a rising trend in listeners who enjoy the music selection of LUSH 99.5FM and we are happy with the encouraging response from them during the test transmission. The new station has given us an opportunity to feature more lifestyle programming content, catering to listeners who are always on the pulse for sexy, sensual and smooth sounds. The radio tower has a penthouse suite and 995 is the number on the door.”

So remember to tune in to LUSH 99.5FM for a taste of lavish listening."

ok lah... guess got to end my blog post here and go out with my family for dinner.. Yummy!!

Ciaoz n have a GREAT week ahead,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: